Tuesday, August 30, 2011

雪の宿, "yuki no yado" Snow House Senbei

雪の宿, "yuki no yado" is probably my favorite Japanese rice cracker. Yuki means snow and yado means cottage or house. The image is a snow covered house. It's a salty "salada" senbei cracker covered with a thin, hard, white frosting on one side. It's salty and delicious with a hint of sweetness. A perfect balance. There is also a brown sugar version that is great.

There is an infinite variety of senbei or rice crackers. This is one of the best and most popular. Watch out for more senbei on this blog.

2 comments:

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Just bought these today in Houston. Brings back memories of my childhood in Japan!

Anonymous said...

My boss just visited japan and got these goodies for us. This was my favourite and just couldnt stop at one. Thanks for sharing the image and meaning. I now know what i really like and call it correctly! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...