Sunday, August 28, 2011

動物ヨーチ Doubutsu Yo-chi (Animal Crackers)

Doubutsu Yo-chi are one of my favorite Japanese cookies, known by the British expression "biscuits" in Japan. Doubutsu means animal. Think of them as really thick animal crackers with a hard pastel frosting on one side.They're really sweet and the taste reminds me of cookies I've had in the States, like the kind Cookie Monster used to always eat. They come in many shapes, not only animals and the frosting is pink, yellow, white, or green. However, I always have trouble telling what kind of animal they are. It's not always clear by looking at the frosting side. The cookie side sometimes gives you a clue. I've seen shells, cats, bears, elephants, a hippo I think, and a chestnut. This ambiguity is actually part of the charm and you can interpret them differently like watching clouds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally - taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

Cahroon said...

Thanks for share your blog here . Japanese Diy Kits

Ash Green said...

Thank you so much for such an informative piece of information :)
If anyone interested similar one's have a look here
pet reviewz

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...