Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Parenting: Bedtime Tips

I love my little girls Hana(6) and Rika(3), but I'm constantly frustrated at bedtime because they don't want to brush their teeth. If you're like me, here's a tip that worked. I told Rika, "Let's play a game. Let's brush your teeth, but not in the bathroom. Anywhere you want." Rika got excited, "The closet?" I said "OK". I brushed Rika's teeth sitting in the closet and Hana's upside-dow in the bridge position from gymnastics class. I told them they can choose a new place tomorrow. We'll see how long this lasts.

Another tip about putting pajamas on. I told Rika, "Let's play Rock, Paper, Scissors(a game they love). If I win, I put on your clothes. If you win, you put on your clothes." It worked! For a three year old, that logic makes sense. We play for each piece of clothing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Good luck dads. I'm definitely a graduate of Bugs Bunny's school of reverse psychology.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Thanks Richard. The Amish community are always welcome. Come back, soon and stay awhile.

Ann @ Parenting Philippines said...

I do appreciate every tips for raising a child. I'm actually looking for post about parenting. Thanks for sharing this post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...