Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Parenting: Bedtime Tips

I love my little girls Hana(6) and Rika(3), but I'm constantly frustrated at bedtime because they don't want to brush their teeth. If you're like me, here's a tip that worked. I told Rika, "Let's play a game. Let's brush your teeth, but not in the bathroom. Anywhere you want." Rika got excited, "The closet?" I said "OK". I brushed Rika's teeth sitting in the closet and Hana's upside-dow in the bridge position from gymnastics class. I told them they can choose a new place tomorrow. We'll see how long this lasts.

Another tip about putting pajamas on. I told Rika, "Let's play Rock, Paper, Scissors(a game they love). If I win, I put on your clothes. If you win, you put on your clothes." It worked! For a three year old, that logic makes sense. We play for each piece of clothing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Good luck dads. I'm definitely a graduate of Bugs Bunny's school of reverse psychology.

3 comments:

Amish Stories said...

I was passing through different blogs and thought id just say hello. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon,Pa.

Jason said...

Thanks Richard. The Amish community are always welcome. Come back, soon and stay awhile.

Ann @ Parenting Philippines said...

I do appreciate every tips for raising a child. I'm actually looking for post about parenting. Thanks for sharing this post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...