Wednesday, August 3, 2011

NuCrema Chocolate Spread

 This is one of my new favorite things in Japan. It's NuCrema chocolate, hazelnut spread. It's actually a product of Greece. Who'd've thought, at Lamu, the local discount grocery store, they'd have such a neat import item. I love the taste. It's thick and super sweet. To me, it's like chocolate frosting. Cake frosting is something I dearly miss in Japan. Most cakes here are made with whipped cream, but that hard crunchy frosting for cakes and cupcakes is nowhere to be found. I have a voracious sweetooth and this really satisfies my craving. The whole family puts it on toast in the morning. But when no ones's looking, I  often stick a spoonful in my mouth like peanut butter, something which astonishes the Japanese. I really want to get a ready made white cake, but strawberry jam in the middle, then smear this chocolate spread all over the top for a chocolate cake. I let you know when I do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have nucrema in Japan?
Personally, i prefer nucrema than nutella.
But the best is Merenda(also greek).It's the silkiest chocolate hazelnut pasta!

k said...

Hey,
Are you still in Japan? A local shop here used to sell it, but now I can't find it anymore. Googling also doesn't help :( Do you know if Nucrema is still stocked somewhere (ideally online as I'm living in Okayama).

Cheers,
Daniel

Anonymous said...

if you're looking for Nucrema can contact me..
or do visit https://www.facebook.com/buenochoc/
thank you..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...