Sunday, September 11, 2011

ピカルの定理 Picaru no Teiri Comedy Show

Many people have the impression that the Japanese are not funny or don't appreciate comedy. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's true that Japanese are not really joke tellers, like "One day a priest and a duck walk into a bar", but Japanese comedy shows can be really funny. You see some really wild stuff on Japanese TV. My wife and I just caught this show we never saw before called Picaru no Teiri. It's an ensemble cast show with various skits. One of the recurring skits is called, "Bebari to Rui"(Beverly and Luis) about two gay guys in the office. The boss and employee are lovers. Each episode follows the same pattern. Their always sending the only female worker out of the office on some errand. The boss starts seducing the employee, slams him against the cabinet and rips his shirt off. Someone is always yelling at the female worker when she comes back. This particular episode features a guest comedian as the boss's ex-boyfriend, recently returned from America. The thing I like about it is you don't really have to understand Japanese to enjoy it, the performances are so over the top. It was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. My wife and I couldn't stop laughing. Not for kids, though. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://tokyoroomfinder.blogspot.com/

I would like to know if you or readers of this blog are interested in writing about the way you have personnally experienced the Northeastern Japan Earthquake (if you have).
Tokyo Room Finder Short Essay Contest is an online project to gather heart-warming experiences following the earthquakes in Japan. We strongly believe that sharing those experiences will give people hope and revitalize Japan.
We also offer 2 tickets for Tokyo Disney Resort to each of the winners.

For more details : http://tokyoroomfinder.blogspot.com/

Rizky said...

I see the video after watch picaru koi ga shitai, on some website and after reading your article, the shiratori (she. Imean) is a comedian, first I thought she was a real singer... :D

wow you live in japan ? sometime in 2012 I want to trip to japan, but after I get my free time on campus... :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...